Monday, September 26, 2011

spoiled child having music class !!! Spoiled Child Syndrome !!!


Spoiled child having music class really spoilt my mood for the day !!!

In 1989, Bruce McIntosh coined the term the "spoiled child syndrome".  The syndrome is characterized by "excessive, self-centred, and immature behavior".  It includes lack of consideration for other people, recurrent temper tantrums, and inability to handle the delay of gratification, demands for having one's own way, obstructiveness, and manipulation.




It is really upsetting and disturbed when you have a child came into the class and shown her long-moody face during the entire class, especially EARLY in the Saturday morning. 

In fact, most of my Saturday is like this and nowadays I told myself that I WILL NOT let this little young lady spoil my mood for the rest of the day.  Most of the time I feel I've become a baby sitter rather a music teacher.  There is time I really need to ask this student politely to play a simple tune.

From her playing I know immediately she didn't prepare her home work.  In another words - SHE NEVER PRACTICE AT HOME !!!!  It was really troubled and disturbing already when you know she did not prepare anything for the class.  Then right from the beginning of the class she gave you that buttock face.  Like I owe her a lot of money !!!

This particular young lady has scared off lot of her tutors.  I understand from her mother that even her Malay Language tutor cannot stand her bad attitude.  Her ex-piano teacher quitted teaching her basically because the piano teacher never seen this kind of spoilt kid in her life, and this little girl always refused to play the piano during the class and always gave lots of lame excuses to the piano teacher.

This is the main reason why some of the young teacher doesn't like to take young kids especially those spoilt kids.  Some of the young teacher will even ask the parent not to send their kids to music class if the kids are having attitude problem.  It is a waste of time and effort for Parents, kids and Teachers further more it is waste of money to send the kids to music class.  WHAT A SAD COMMENT !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment