Tuesday, February 1, 2011

what now??? after quitting that music school

After quitted teaching at that music school, I still joke around with some of my friends and colleagues about this music school.  I asked them if the music school can simply transfer students to another teacher without the previous teacher's acknowledgement or agreement, then can we (the teacher) just simply ask the student to take classes privately with the teacher without informing the music school??

Last Tuesday, after talking with the principal of the music school, I've made up my mind to terminate my service music school at Wangsa Walk Mall.  Now I have to settle the classes with music school at Ampang Point Shopping Centre.  Both music school at Wangsa Walk Mall and Ampang Point Shopping Centre are under one company. 

On the same day,  I went to an interview and basically I am happy with this music school.  During the interview, the person in charged of the music school knew my incident happened at music school that I've quitted two weeks ago.  She shared some of her thoughts and tell me some of the differences between this school and the one I quitted.  One matter she pointed out which strike me the most is they are not -
"shopping-mall-based music school" means the music school is not located in a shopping.  I've learnt that this kind of music school put their heart into music education to sustain and/or survive their business.  "Shopping-mall-based music school" is blessed with WALK-IN-CUSTOMERS but I doubted this kind of students will stay long with this kind of music school.  This type of music school making business by selling music instruments more than providing good musical courses to students.  To me this is - after sales service - for those customers who purchased musical instrument from the shop.  Such music school doesn't put the best interest into the welfare of their music teachers.

Friends do ask me about how do I know that is good music school?  Good in what sense, I asked them.  I've come to a conclusion that if that music school locate in a shopping mall and selling instrument to survive their business, please don't go there to pick up instrument classes.  What do you think?

2 comments: